Saturday, July 13, 2013

Scottish Festival

This year I went with my good friend Amanda to the Scottish Festival down in Payson. I had no idea something like this even existed in Utah! With all the ginger beer, kilts, costumes, and celtic music, it definitely was a unique cultural experience. And let me tell you...it was a blast :)




These were some replicas of weapons Scottish clans actually used. Scary!!


This game is called the sheep toss. Don't worry, no sheep were harmed in the process haha. Instead, these guys would stab a huge bale of hay with a pitchfork and toss it backwards over what looks like a field goal post. Totally reminded me of the movie Brave.


Celtic music is soooo fun! I was totally jealous of this violinist - reminded me of playing in high school orchestra. I miss it a lot.


0 comments:

Post a Comment